SPRINGFIELD — The City Council has postponed a vote regarding a tree service company’s request to operate a wood waste recycling center at the former Diamond Match property after East Forest Park residents raised concerns about odors and traffic.Arbortech Tree Service, of 23 Paridon St., was requesting the special permit for the recycling center in conjunction with a long-active tree service operation that already exists. The company has mulch and compost operations and provides tree pruning and trimming, tree removal, stump grinding, crane services, lot clearing and emergency tree service, according to company officials and its website.The council, after a nearly hour-long hearing on Monday, continued the matter without approving or denying the special permit request. It could return for a vote at the next council hearings meeting March 25.Randy Sample, the business owner, said he has been working with neighborhood residents in an effort to lessen their concerns, including the relocation of a compost pile to an area furthest away from homes, and his company warnings to truck traffic to reduce their speed.Several residents, however, said the odors are affecting their lives, particularly in warmer weather, and they also raised serious concerns about flies and rodents, and large trucks… Read full this story
- San Francisco Spent A Decade Being Rich, Important, And Hating Itself
- San Francisco Spent A Decade Being Rich, Important, And Hating Itself.
- Anti-Trans Bathroom Debate: How a Local Religious-Right Faction Launched a National Movement
- FMIA Week 16: Don’t Look Now, But Philly’s a Factor (With a Healthy QB)
- EXCLUSIVE: It’s party time at Standing Rock: Dakota Access protests turn to wild celebrations after the Obama administration caves in and blocks pipeline
- 2020s visions: We'll get flying cars just before becoming software-based people
Springfield City Council delays vote on wood waste recycling center at former Diamond Match site after neighbors voice concerns have 288 words, post on www.masslive.com at February 28, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.