A COUPLE lost their unborn baby in a horror car smash on their way to hospital to give birth.
Jessica Mitchell, 20, and Justin Mitchell, 23, were driving in Texas when the dad-to-be suddenly had to swerve to avoid a tree branch in the road.
The pair, who have been in a relationship since high school, were left with severe injuries and Jessica tragically lost the baby.
Heartbroken relatives say they had been travelling to hospital so Jessica, who was left with a broken neck, could be induced into labour.
Justin suffered a broken back and pelvis in the horror smash, with the couple having to wait in a ditch for an hour before emergency crews arrived.
Jessica had to undergo four hours of surgery and the couple spent some time with their son, who they named Sebastian, before being moved to intensive care.
We both have a long way to go, but I know with the prayers we are getting and the emotional support we have we will get there
She wrote in an emotional Facebook post: “Hey! Thank you everyone who has prayers warriors for us. During this hard time in our lives, prayers are what I’m asking for.
“We both have a long way to go, but I know with the prayers we are getting and the emotional support we have we will get there! Just continue to pray for us.”
Jessica’s devastated adoptive mum Brenda Mize confirmed the baby tragically didn’t make it after being born via a caesarian.
She told KLTV: “He looked like his mom and had his daddy’s nose – we did get to hold him for a little while and spend time with him.”
Homeless man doused in water by rail staff KILLED man who splashed him with paint
What is Momo and how can parents protect their children?
Momo Challenge in ‘Peppa Pig and Fortnite vids’ as YouTube and Instagram slammed
TREE OF TERROR
Mum horrified to learn what the strange ‘pods’ were hanging from branches
say no no to momo
Expert advice on how to keep children safe from online suicide game Momo
Creepy ‘suicide character’ Momo told lad, 8, to ‘stab himself in neck’
Brenda continued: “It’s just a really hard situation, and these kids need love and prayer.”
A GoFundMe page has now been set up to help the young couple raise money for their medical bills.
To donate, visit: https://www.gofundme.com/
- Columnist Compares High School Wrestler Losing Dreadlocks to the Holocaust
- Eminem, high school sweetheart divorce again
- Texas Newlyweds Die in Car Crash Minutes After Ceremony
- Lamar High School's legendary football coach Tom Nolen to retire
- High school basketball star from San Antonio area died after falling asleep at the wheel
- Pregnant Woman Repeatedly Stabbed in NYC; Unborn Baby Dies: Police
- Car crashes into barrier outside UK Parliament, man arrested, pedestrians injured
- 4 high school students transported to hospital after school bus crashes into semi in Pinellas County
- It’s robot vs. robot at Davis high school competition
- Car Obliterated in Fiery Brooklyn Light Pole Crash; 2 Hospitalized in Critical Condition: Officials