SANTA TERESA DE CAJON, Costa Rica – At his home on the misty slope of Costa Rica’s tallest mountain, Dario Angulo keeps a set of photographs from the years he tended the rolling fairways and clipped greens of a faraway American golf resort. Angulo learned to drive backhoes and bulldozers, carving water hazards and tee boxes out of former horse pastures in Bedminster, N.J., where a famous New Yorker was building a world-class course. Angulo earned $8 an hour, a fraction of what a state-licensed heavy equipment operator would make, with no benefits or overtime pay. But he stayed seven years on the grounds crew, saving enough for a small piece of land and some cattle back home. Now the 34-year-old lives with his wife and daughters in a sturdy house built by “Trump money,” as he put it, with a porch to watch the sun go down. It’s a common story in this small town. Other former employees of President Donald Trump’s company live nearby: men who once raked the sand traps and pushed mowers through thick heat on Trump’s prized golf property — the “Summer White House,” as aides have called it — here his daughter Ivanka got… Read full this story
- New Jersey Transit police reunite missing 16-year-old with her mother
- New Jersey Attorney General Probes Immigrant Harassment At Trump Golf Course: Reports
- After Backlash, Democrats in New Jersey Rethink Redistricting Plans
- Democrats in New Jersey Have a Firm Grip on Power. They Want Even More.
- New Jersey expected to attract $100M in bets on Super Bowl
- While Paris and Washington Battled Over Climate Measures, Costa Rica Went 300 Days on Renewable Energy Alone
- Costa Rica lawmakers ordered to legalize same-sex marriage
- U.S. woman who disappeared in Costa Rica left ominous last message
- Security guard charged in death of vacationing woman who went missing in Costa Rica
- Body Found In Costa Rica Near Where Florida Woman Vanished
From Costa Rica to New Jersey, pipeline of illegal workers for Trump goes back years have 325 words, post on www.startribune.com at February 8, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.