The veteran criminal defense attorney who headed President Donald Trump’s legal team during a crucial stretch of the special counsel investigation believes the entire affair will end in silence from special counsel Robert Mueller, and called the massive two-year probe into Russian interference in the 2016 campaign “a terrible waste of time.” “I don’t think there’ll be a report,” John Dowd told ABC News in a wide-ranging interview for the premiere episode of “The Investigation,” a new podcast focused on the probe led by special counsel Robert Mueller. “I will be shocked if anything regarding the president is made public, other than ‘We’re done.’” Dowd, 77, left his role as Trump’s lead attorney last March over differing views about how cooperative to be with prosecutors. But after spending nearly a year guiding the president’s legal strategy, he forged a close relationship with Trump and continues to speak with him about the Russia probe. In one of his most in-depth interviews since departing Trump’s legal team, he offered a view of the probe very much in line with that of the president -– namely, that it lacks merit. Interested in Russia Investigation? Add Russia Investigation as an interest to stay up… Read full this story
- Judge rejects ex-Trump lawyer Cohen's bid for freedom, even with COVID-19 risk
- Key votes in Senate impeachment trial unclear as Trump lawyers conclude their case
- Only 37 Percent of Americans Believe Mueller Probe Positive for US - Poll
- Trump slams ‘partisan' probes after Pelosi announces coronavirus committee: ‘Here we go again’
- Trump Is More Angry with Jeff Sessions than Robert Mueller over Russia Investigation: Report
- Fox News's Sean Hannity Says Mueller Report Won't Be 'Anticlimactic': They 'Will Continue to Destroy the Presidency of Donald Trump'
- Unwitting or Not, Donald Trump is Still Complicit in Russia's Attack on America | Opinion
- Why Robert Mueller Threw an Agent Off the Trump-Russia Probe
- From "witch hunt" to 2020 campaign slogan: Trump sees Mueller as boost for re-election
- Alan Dershowitz and Steve Bannon Offer Trump Advice on Crippling Mueller
Former Trump lawyer slams Mueller probe, maintains president will be cleared have 333 words, post on abcnews.go.com at February 12, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.