The corporate takeover of 10 Sonic drive-ins around the Columbus, Ohio, area got off to a bumpy start after workers at three of the hamburger chain’s restaurants walked off the job en masse and caused a local stir with their parting sentiments. “Due to terrible management the whole store has quit,” reads an expletive-laced goodbye note taped to a window of the Sonic restaurant in Circleville, where another handwritten sign read, “Thank you, next,” according to local media accounts. Staffers at nearby Sonic locations in Grove City and Lancaster also quit, with a note of outrage reportedly left in one of the Lancaster site’s windows.Sonic confirmed that employees had walked off their jobs at the three restaurants the night of Friday, Feb. 22, but blamed the impromptu protests on a misunderstanding that spread ahead of a change in ownership on Monday, Feb. 25, from a franchisee to Sonic’s operating affiliate, SRI Holdings. Workers were reportedly led to believe that their hourly wages were being cut to $4 an hour plus tips, which would be a drastic drop from the $8.55 an hour minimum paid to non-tipped workers in Ohio. The minimum for tipped workers in the state is $4.30 an hour.”Whatever hourly… Read full this story
- Cavaliers coast to 116-105 victory over Raptors in Game 1
- Moments of lore: Four scenes that defined Ohio State’s epic win over Michigan
- The Top 25 Head Coaches in College Football History
- Tennessee Football: Ranking All the Vols’ Bowl Wins vs Big Ten Opponents in School History
- Keeper of the Cup Mike Bolt believes he has a dream job
- Which NBA teams should tank in 2016â17?
- ‘We Don’t Quit:’ Cubs rejoice, breathe easy after epic rally to reach NLCS
- What every NFL team wants for Christmas in 2016
- Entire Ottawa Senators coaching staff will return
- 2017 NFL Draft: Each Team’s Best Pick in Last 5 Years
Epic quit at three Sonic drive-ins in Ohio where entire staffs bolt have 303 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at February 28, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.