A 67-year-old woman died after her car crashed into a wall in Mansfield Woodhouse.
The 67-year-old was the driver of a Nissan Micra which collided with a wall in Welbeck Road, at around 6.30pm yesterday (Wednesday 2 January). She was taken to hospital but sadly died as a result of her injuries in the early hours of this morning.
An 86-year-old female passenger also suffered serious injuries and remains in hospital.
The road was closed while investigations were carried out but was reopened shortly before 12am.
Police are appealing for information from any potential witnesses to the accident.
A Nottinghamshire Police spokesman said : “If you were in the area before around the time it happened and have dash camera footage, please call us on 101 quoting incident 673 of 2 January 2019.”
- Bodies recovered from site where wealthy Russian woman died in crash
- Two children dead in three-car crash in Wolverhampton
- How did Sergei Skripal's wife and son die, what is disseminated endometrial carcinoma and was there a car crash?
- Mum's son knocked down and killed months after husband dies in motorcycle crash
- Sylvester Stallone's long-lost cousin, 33, burned alive in horrific fireball car crash in Ukraine
- Accountancy student was killed along with his best friend in crash
- Colleen Cason: Disastrous year alters a Ventura County woman's life course
- Funeral held for 13-year-old killed after LMPD car chase
- Narrow miss with exploding truck has woman thankful for the small things in life
- One of Russia's richest women killed in private jet crash