Ambassador Dang Dinh Quy, head of Vietnam’s Permanent Mission to the UN (Photo: VNA) New York (VNA) – Vietnam supports Palestinian’s righteous fight for their inviolable rights, stated Ambassador Dang Dinh Quy, head of Vietnam’s Permanent Mission to the UN. He made the statement at the Security Council’s quarterly open debate on the Middle East and the Israel/Palestine conflict, which took place on January 22. Speaking at the discussion, the diplomat said despite efforts made by the UN Security Council and other UN bodies last year, the situation seems to have gotten worse. He pointed to rampant and excessive use of violence and the highest rate in five years of related injuries and deaths among civilians as examples. The United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) is facing a budget crisis, he added. Quy attributed these problems to a lack of respect for, even violation of, the UN Security Council’s relevant resolutions, particularly Resolution 2334, which condemned the Israeli settlements in Palestinian territories as illegal. He affirmed that Vietnam backs the two-state solution, which endorses an independent state of Palestine co-existing peacefully alongside Israel following the border that was internationally recognised prior to… Read full this story
- Summary of Middle East Conflict
- Life In The Middle East
- Middle East Conflict History
- What Bandwidth Backbone Makes the Most Sense For Networks in Africa, Middle East, and Latin America?
- Oil Rigs & Offshore Oil Sector Jobs in the Middle East
- Luxury River Cruises in Egypt and the Middle East
- Middle East Property Market Must Mature
- Life In The Middle East II
- Cyberwar in Estonia and the Middle East
- Russia assumes mantle of supreme power broker in Middle East as US retreats from Syria
Vietnam calls for compliance to resolutions on Middle East issue have 295 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at January 23, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.