That said, it is also necessary to understand the app’s limitations. ShakeAlertLA’s warnings will be measured out in seconds — enough to allow you to pull off to the side of the road, or to get under a table, but not to do a whole lot else. The alert, after all, cannot go out until an earthquake begins; it’s triggered by a matrix of sensors.The more sensors, the quicker, or more accurate, the warning.
- The Times prepares for 20 more job cuts after 40 take voluntary redundancy
- Shaken communities take stock of damage after Southern California quakes
- New Zealand leader carries on with TV interview during quake
- New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern unruffled as quake hits mid-interview
- Magnitude 5.5 Quake Kills 8, Injures 11 in Northwest China
- Moderate Quake in China's Xinjiang Affects 12,000 People
- Moderate Quake Levels 180 Homes in China’s Northwest – Seismological Center
- Mexico rescuers battle the clock in search for trapped quake survivors
- Zoos in Karnataka ready to welcome visitors, await government nod
- Northwest Houston first responders prepared for approaching hurricane season
ShakeAlertLA won't give you time to get prepared for a quake. So get yourself ready now have 175 words, post on www.latimes.com at January 11, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.