The Supreme Court on Monday issued notice to Reliance Communication Ltd (RCom) Chairman Anil Dhirubhai Ambani and others on a contempt petition filed by Ericsson India over non-payment of its dues.
A bench headed by Justice R F Nariman sought a response from Ambani and others in four weeks.
Appearing for R Com, senior Advocates Kapil Sibal and Mukul Rohatgi asked the court to accept Rs 118 crore towards outstanding dues to Ericsson India to establish its bonafide.
The counsel appearing for Ericsson, however, refused to accept the amount and said the entire outstanding sum of Rs 550 crore should be deposited.
The bench then directed R Com to deposit a demand draft of Rs 118 crore in the registry.
Image Courtesy: NDTV
- NBFCs, HFCs need an immediate liquidity window: Anil Ambani
- 'IAF defends the country, but Modi stole its money to give to Anil Ambani'
- 700 teachers issued notice for failing to register attendance
- Jayalalithaa Biopic: Madras High Court Issues Notice To Filmmakers
- HC issues notice on plea against cannabis use
- Non-payment of services cripples service delivery in S. Africa, Parliament says
- Ondo law students protest non-payment of N3m book allowance
- Jaya death probe panel issues notice to Dhinakaran, 4 others
- I-T Dept to issue notice where cash transaction is above Rs 20,000 in property purchase
- Complaint from faculty of Coimbatore college over non-payment of salary, sent to Delhi