A suspect was hospitalized after being injured in an officer-involved shooting in Redondo Beach on Tuesday night, Jan. 8, authorities said.
Just past 9 p.m., Redondo Beach police responded to a report of a domestic disturbance in the 1000 block of Esplanade, Redondo Beach police Capt. Joe Hoffman said.
When officers arrived, they heard a woman screaming from the rear of a home, said Deputy Marvin Crowder of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, which was called in to assist the investigation.
Officers went to the back of the location, where they were met by the suspect – a man – who was armed with a gun. At least one officer fired at the suspect, Hoffman said.
It wasn’t immediately known how many officers fired their weapons or if the suspect fired.
The suspect was struck in the upper torso by police gunfire, Crowder said.
He suffered multiple injuries and was treated at the scene, Hoffman said.
The suspect was then taken to the hospital for further treatment, but his condition was not immediately known, Hoffman said.
Police found the weapon at the scene, Crowder said.
No officers or other residents were injured as a result of the incident. Further information about the suspect was not immediately available.
- The Redondo Beach Pier - Something For Everyone
- Plan a Romantic Getaway to Redondo Beach
- The Redondo Beach Marina - Fun and Adventure All Year Long!
- After the 9th police shooting in their city this year, Fort Worth residents tell leaders they don't feel safe
- Inquest called into death of man killed in police shooting
- Colorado officer shoots armed man through his window
- Texas pastors seek federal action after police shoot black woman in her home
- At tense Fort Worth council meeting, outrage over police shooting
- Cause for hope and caution following police shooting in home
- SIU clears Peel police officer over suspect’s injury during arrest at Square One