PUBLISHED: 10:54 11 January 2019 Mark Boggis The entrance sign in Southwold, next to Mights Bridge. Plans have been lodged to transform land at Mights Road in Southwold. Picture: James Bass A scheme to turn “much neglected” land into a “valuable community asset” looks set to be approved. The Millennium Foundation has submitted plans to transform “an underutilised parcel of land” at Mights Road in Southwold to include a visitor information point, community garden and public car park.The change of use application will be discussed by Waveney District Council’s planning committee at Riverside, Lowestoft, on Tuesday, January 15.Councillors will be told that planning officers recommend that the plans be given the green light, as “the proposed uses of the site will improve facilities that benefit both local residents and visitors to the town”. The site – which lies alongside Mights Road, the principal route into the town – forms part of land in the ownership of the charitable trust the Millennium Foundation.If approved, the scheme would create a visitor information point that would serve as a “gateway to the local area” transforming the land “into a valuable community asset with a wide range of resources”, according to the report to… Read full this story
- Sheboygan County plane crash: Pilot ID'd as Algoma man in hard landing near town of Scott
- Whitby residents hit out at plans for a 22nd chip shop
- Video: Planned Parenthood supporter reportedly takes elderly man's pro-life banner, pummels him when he tries to take it back
- $2.5 billion waterfront project will create town within a town in Sayreville
- UK housing crisis 'could be solved by building homes on brownfield land'
- The Town Center Regains Significance
- Opinion: Towns like mine needed a game changer from Theresa May. What we got was an insult
- Island fortress used as jail in WWII transformed into luxury hotel
- Could a smaller village follow Rural Lands West after withdrawal of 4,000-acre project?
- Rural Lands town idea scaled back from 4,000 acres to Collier village of 1,000 acres or less
Plans could transform ‘underutilised’ land on approach to town have 337 words, post on www.eadt.co.uk at January 11, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.