House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Friday canceled her plans to travel by commercial plane to visit U.S. troops in Afghanistan, saying President Donald Trump had caused a security risk by talking about the trip. It was the latest twist in what has become a Washington game of brinkmanship between Pelosi and Trump, playing out against the stalled negotiations over how to end the partial government shutdown. Earlier in the week, Pelosi had asked Trump to reschedule his Jan. 29 State of the Union address, citing security issues at a time when the Homeland Security Department and other agencies remain unfunded. Trump responded by canceling the military plane that was to have carried Pelosi and a congressional delegation to Afghanistan on the previously undisclosed troop visit. Trump suggested she travel by commercial plane instead. Trump had belittled the trip as a “public relations event” — even though he had just made a similar warzone stop — and said it would be best if Pelosi remained in Washington to negotiate to reopen the government. “Obviously, if you would like to make your journey by flying commercial, that would certainly be your prerogative,” wrote Trump, who had been smarting since Pelosi, the day… Read full this story
- Ilhan Omar Rips Into Trump Over Cancelled Meeting With Taliban: ‘Such Hypocrisy’
- Castro responds to Trump's canceled Taliban meeting: 'Another bizarre episode'
- Foreign Aid Flip-Flop: Trump Administration Cancels Plan To Cut Billions In Overseas Assistance Funding
- Nancy Pelosi lashes out at Donald Trump's foreign policy slamming him for congratulating China on 70 years of communism and accusing him of 'schmoozing' with Saudis who killed Jamal Khashoggi
- Trump would extend 'Dreamers,' TPS protection in exchange for full border wall funding; Democratic leaders reject plan as 'non-starter'
- Donald Trump mocks Nancy Pelosi for giving out subpoenas like 'cookies' after she says he's 'scared' of impeachment and Democrats
- ‘Sexist Trash’: Hillary Clinton Blasts Trump for Sharing Pelosi Stuttering Video
- Former Chief White House Ethics Lawyer Says Trump Is Building 'An International Coalition Against The Russia Investigation': 'He Needs To Be Impeached. NOW'
- Pelosi Falsely Says Adam Schiff’s Interpretation Of Ukraine Transcript Was ‘The President’s Own Words’
- President Trump calls Rep. Elijah Cummings 'brutal bully' and Baltimore 'disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess'
Pelosi Accuses Trump of Leak, Cancels Afghanistan Trip have 367 words, post on www.newsmax.com at January 18, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.