PARIS — Paris police say several people have been injured in an explosion and fire at a bakery believed caused by a gas leak.
A Paris police spokeswoman said firefighters are currently at the scene of the blast Saturday morning at the bakery on Rue Trevise in the 9th arrondissement of north-central Paris. She said several injuries have been reported to police but no deaths. The spokeswoman, who wasn’t authorized to be publicly named, provided no further details.
French television showed emergency vehicles surrounding the area.
The explosion came amid heavy security in Paris and around France for yellow vest protests expected later Saturday.
- Break-Ins; Standoff; Chase: Encinitas, SD County Police Log
- Brush Fires; Shootings: Encinitas, San Diego County Police Log
- Brush Fires; Man Run Over: Encinitas, SD County Police Log
- UPDATED: Michigan Police Trooper Critically Injured in Traffic Stop
- Birmingham Gas Leak Contained: Update
- SimCity 2013 Services Guide – Fire Safety, Health, Police and Parks
- Ohio man took out his phone and recorded injured teenagers instead of helping them
- Live streaming police scanners and mainlining Twitter during the Boston manhunt
- Microelectronics: Electron gas on the surface of an insulator opens the way to multifunctional transistors
- Science Community Reacts to U.S. Withdrawal from Paris Climate Change Agreement