MULTIPLE people are reported to have been injured after a massive explosion in Paris blew out windows and overturned cars. Firefighters pulled people from the burning building on Rue de Treviso in the 9th district of the French capital after the blast at about 9am local time. The cause of the explosion is not yet known, however there are reports that it was due to a gas leak in a bakery. It’s thought there may be a number of causalities, but police haven’t made any confirmation yet. Witnesses described on French television the overwhelmingly sound of the blast and people trapped inside nearby buildings. Pictures from the scene showed the windows blown out of a building with rubble strewn across the street. A Paris police spokeswoman said several injuries have been reported to police but no deaths. The spokeswoman, who wasn’t authorised to be publicly named, provided no further details. Emergency workers on the scene said: “There are casualties. “A whole shop front has been taken out, and other buildings have also been severely damaged. “It’s a Saturday morning – a lot of people were at home. “Leaking gas caused the explosion, which is being viewed as an accident.” Fire crews… Read full this story
- Living the Parisian dream: Kanakia Paris brings ambience, luxury of French capital to Mumbai's BKC
- Massive blasts at Texas chemical plant
- Another Fire At Yorkville Campground Destroys Building
- Albania earthquake leaves six dead and dozens injured as 6.4 tremor destroys buildings and traps people in rubble
- Multiple injuries in Chicago resulted when guard mistook July 4 fireworks for gunfire
- Dirty boulevard: why Paris's ring road is a major block on the city's grand plans
- Paris' Notre Dame Cathedral devastated by massive fire
- Story of cities #12: Haussmann rips up Paris – and divides France to this day
- Paris Bakery Blast: Gurmeet Choudhary & wife Debina Bonnerjee narrowly escape the severe explosion!
- Paris power cut – explosion plunges Eiffel Tower into darkness as power outage switches off the City Of Lights
Paris explosion: ‘Multiple injuries’ after massive blast destroys buildings in French capital have 336 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at January 12, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.