Home Daily News Lawyer’s suit says FaceTime bug allowed secret… Privacy Law By Debra Cassens Weiss Posted January 30, 2019, 9:25 am CST A Houston lawyer filed a lawsuit against Apple on Monday alleging that a FaceTime bug allowed the recording of a private deposition. The suit by Larry Williams II does not give any details about the recorded deposition, but it says the breach caused “permanent and continuous injuries, pain and suffering and emotional trauma.” The suit also says Williams faces “a diminished capacity for the enjoyment of life.” The suit, filed in Harris County, Texas, also says the product was unreasonably dangerous. Courthouse News Service, Bloomberg and USA Today have coverage. Apple disabled group FaceTime and promised a fix on Monday after media reports revealed the bug in Apple iPhones running versions of iOS 12.1. People who wanted to surreptitiously record audio of another person could call on FaceTime, swipe up to add a person, and then type in their own phone number, USA Today explained. After that, FaceTime automatically answered for the person called and audio recording began. If the person called pressed the power button from the lock screen, video began recording. A 14-year-old Arizona teen… Read full this story
- Naomi Campbell dons a hazmat suit and gloves to catch a flight as she shares bizarre video amid coronavirus pandemic (but still asks someone to put her earrings on!)
- Calls to release non-violent prisoners locked up on remand as coronavirus postpones trials longer than three days - while lawyers warn outbreak of backlog of 33,000 cases
- Cheating husband gets coronavirus on secret break to Italy with his mistress... but is now in isolation in UK with his wife who has no idea how he caught it
- Bono pens emotional ballad for Italians in the wake of coronavirus pandemic as he encourages them to 'sing from the rooftops'
- How many sins and counting?: Josh Duggar's secret Facebook account reveals friend list that includes female bar workers, a lingerie photographer and a stripper
- First UK prisoner catches coronavirus: HMP Manchester inmate is taken to hospital after testing positive for killer bug as 13 convicts and four staff are put in isolation
- NHS in talks to buy DIY home coronavirus tests after Government was accused of allowing thousands of infected people to walk the streets undiagnosed - but they could take MONTHS to be rolled out
- Hackers dump SECOND, even bigger batch of Ashley Madison records with taunting message to millionaire founder of 'cheating dirtbag' site
- Sam Smith shares emotional snaps as they go through several 'stages of a quarantine meltdown' while in self-isolation in their £12 million mansion during coronavirus crisis
- Undetected coronavirus transmissions that only caused mild symptoms were responsible for its rapid spread in China, scientists say
Lawyer's suit says FaceTime bug allowed secret recording of deposition, caused emotional trauma have 447 words, post on www.abajournal.com at January 30, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.