Photo: Tommaso Boddi/Getty Images for SAG-AFTRA Found Geoffrey Owens has had quite a few months after being publicly lambasted for working at Trader Joe’s. Owens had worked on The Cosby Show, but no longer could live off residuals. Further acting gigs came, but he had to take a side gig. And there’s no shame in that! Celebrities like Pamela Adlon, Blair Underwood, and (yikes) James Woods defended him. He got a recurring role on Tyler Perry’s The Haves and the Have Nots, and now he had a star turn at the opening of the SAG Awards. Sandwiched between monologues from Mike Myers and Yara Shahidi, Owens told his story. Working at a grocery store between gigs is closer to the reality of most SAG members’ lives than being suited up and fed fancy dinners and branded champagne. Owens’s life contains both sides.
- 50 Famous Firsts From Political History
- Meg Ryan is a doting mother as she takes daughter Daisy out on a grocery run in LA
- Celebrity deaths in 2020: Famous faces lost this year from Caroline Flack to Stella Tennant
- Does this look 'unpleasant'? Academic signed up by the National Trust to lecture us on the evils behind our most glorious estates says GARDENING has its roots in racial injustice
- Royal tribute to the Queen of the Queen Vic: Prince Charles remembers 'great British actress' Dame Barbara who will be 'deeply missed' after EastEnders and Carry On icon lost Alzheimer's battle aged 83
- These Are the 50 Most Covered Songs of All Time
Geoffrey Owens Went From Trader Joe’s to the SAG Awards have 251 words, post on www.vulture.com at January 27, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.