Breaking News Emails Get breaking news alerts and special reports. The news and stories that matter, delivered weekday mornings. SUBSCRIBE Jan. 29, 2019, 2:13 PM GMT By Allan Smith Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie had some simple advice for President Donald Trump about the ongoing Russia investigation: Keep quiet. Trump, however, has ignored him, Christie said Tuesday. Christie spoke with MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” as he promotes his new book, “Let Me Finish: Trump, the Kushners, Bannon, New Jersey, and the Power of In-Your-Face Politics.” He was asked by co-hosts Mika Brzezinski and Joe Scarborough about his advice to Trump on how to handle special counsel Robert Mueller’s ongoing investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election and whether the Trump campaign colluded with Russian officials. Christie said he told Trump not to “be fooled” by what his “C-level legal team” was telling him about the investigation wrapping up promptly. Christie, a former federal prosecutor, said he’s known Mueller for years and insisted the probe would take “a long time.” “There’s no way you can make this investigation shorter, but there’s lots of ways you can it longer,” Christie recalled telling Trump. “And the way you can do that… Read full this story
- House Democrats hold Barr in contempt, Trump asserts executive privilege over Mueller report
- 5 Things You Need To Know About Trump’s Pick For FBI Director
- Trump declares US opioid pain drugs national emergency
- Meet Charles Harder, the Gawker Killer Now Working for Melania Trump and Roger Ailes
- Five Major Problems Regarding John Kerry’s State Department and the Trump Hoax Dossier
- How Trump Helped Jeremy Corbyn—and Normalized the World’s Most Radical Leaders
- Trump urged to declare national emergency over opioid crisis
- Why Trump came to Houston to Howdy Modi: The small but significant Indian-American vote
- What Would a Joint Defense Agreement Between Manafort and Trump Mean?
- Trump tells Greta Thunberg to 'chill', calls her Time's Person of the Year selection 'ridiculous'
Chris Christie explains his legal advice to Trump: Keep quiet have 321 words, post on www.nbcnews.com at January 29, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.