Campaigners put on a show of their own as Theresa May faces moment of truth BelfastTelegraph.co.uk Pro and anti EU campaigners put on a show of their own outside Parliament as TV crews from around the world gathered for the Brexit vote. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/campaigners-put-on-a-show-of-their-own-as-theresa-may-faces-moment-of-truth-37714647.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/article37714642.ece/fe599/AUTOCROP/h342/bpanews_400b5947-6e97-4ce4-9d57-523dbc106355_1 Email Pro and anti EU campaigners put on a show of their own outside Parliament as TV crews from around the world gathered for the Brexit vote. College Green was a cacophony of noise and a sea of colour as banner-waving protesters went head-to-head. The crowds swelled as the day wore on and the chanting got louder as the two factions tried to drown each other out. Hundreds of people, bedecked in EU and Union flags and a variety of fancy dress, took the chanting to a crescendo above the passing traffic before Theresa May’s moment of truth in the House of Commons. But there was no repeat of last week’s ugly scenes when a Brexit-backing crowd surrounded Remain-supporting Tory MP Anna Soubry and accused her of being a Nazi. Tensions rose slightly when Brexiteers dressed in the yellow vests some have adopted indulged in a bit of flag burning. But the jostling that followed involved… Read full this story
- Jeremy Corbyn's top team split on when to table motion of confidence to topple Theresa May
- Undercover officer won't face prosecution
- POLITICO London Playbook: Britain’s nationalist dark web — May back to face the music — Gogglebox gives its verdict
- Opinion: If there's one thing 2018 has taught us, it's that neither Corbyn nor May are remotely fit to run the country
- Brexit: The Uncivil War didn’t reveal the truth about Vote Leave
- Theresa May says it would be ‘catastrophic’ to cancel Brexit. Is she right?
- POLITICO London Playbook, presented by London First: Moment of truth — Benn pulls out — Hand of history on her shoulder
- The impossible choice Theresa May now faces to get her Brexit deal through
- Irreconcilable Differences: A Divided Britain Faces a No-Deal Brexit
Campaigners put on a show of their own as Theresa May faces moment of truth have 368 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at January 15, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.