“The substance is very basic, we need to maintain the unity and communication of all parties,” Anies Baswedan said after attending the 73rd anniversary of Muslimat NU at the Gelora Bung Karno (GBK) sports complex Central Jakarta, here on Sunday.
The main key to maintaining unity is to build healthy communication between all parties.
Good communication is expected to combat false information or hoaxes that circulate in the community.
“One of the pillars is building healthy communication of all parties and maintaining the content communication in fighting hoaxes,” he said.
The 73rd anniversary of Muslimat NU was attended by President Joko Widodo and a number of ministers.
The ministers who accompanied the president among others, were Coordinating Minister for Maritime Affairs Luhut Binsar Pandjaitan, Minister of Transportation Budi Karya Sumardi, Minister of Religious Affairs Lukman Hakim Saifuddin, and Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal, and Security Affairs Wiranto.
The celebration was enlivened with mass prayers, sufi dance, and the declaration of anti-hoax.
The declaration of anti-hoax contained four points was read by Chairwoman of Muslimat NU Khofifah Indar Parawansa and was followed by hundreds of thousands of Members of Muslimat NU.
One of the women`s wings of the country`s largest Muslim organization, Nahdlatul Ulama (NU), Muslimat NU, should become an organization of smart women who become teachers for their families, Said Aqil Siroj earlier said.
“The intelligence of women in the family is very important especially to transmit the seeds of Islam that is Rahmatan lil-alamin (a mercy to all creation),” the General Chairman of the Islamic organization Nahdlatul Ulama (NU), Said Aqil Siroj, said.
Rahmatan lil-alamin attached to the values of moderation and tolerance.
“Maintaining those values must be done by smart and educated people. Muslimat NU must be smart,” Said Aqil Siroj remarked.
With a strong understanding of the value of moderate Islam, women can fortify their families from the threat of radicalism under the guise of religion.
“They should take care of their families. Don`t be provoked by terrorist in the name of religion,” he emphasized.
While the value of tolerant Islam is mutual respect between those who are different in terms of beliefs or ethnic groups.
“Let us take care of the Unitary State of the Republic of Indonesia, the state ideology of Pancasila, and national character,” he stated.
Reporting by Imam Budilaksono, fardah
- Neighbourhood watch co-ordinator aims to cut crime and build stronger community
- Isle of Man Photographic Society column: Jeremy's photo helps us to win competition
- Isle of Man Photographic Society column: Andrew judges with great aplomb
- Isle of Man Photographic Society column: Tony tells us the why, where and how of his work
- Isle of Man Photographic Society column: Andrew's lesson in taking photos using flash
- Isle of Man Photographic Society column: Members stretched with night-time photos
- Isle of Man Photographic Society column: Jeremy's image does us proud in competition
- Isle of Man Photographic Society column: Graham's fascinating photos of Africa
- Isle of Man Photographic Society column: Neil judges flora and fauna images
- Most healthy snacks are not good for you, says consumers group