World Indonesian national airline Garuda has come up with a novel way to entice millennials to its flights, offering live acoustic performances on domestic flights. Garuda believes the musical scheme will appeal to younger customers who “want a different flight experience,” according airline spokesman M. Ikhsan Rosan. Read more: “Child of Krakatoa” volcano in Indonesia is still dangerous According to AFP, the airline held its first performance on Wednesday as two musicians played for passengers on a flight between the Indonesian capital Jakarta and the tourist destination of Bali. The airline will also seek to promote new, local talent through the scheme which involves ten to 15 minute sets on select flights. Hadirkan pengalaman penerbangan berbeda, Garuda Indonesia tampilkan live music akustik #GIACOUSTIC di pesawat. Berita selengkapnya di https://t.co/EoAB5ldiDA #GAnews pic.twitter.com/MNEvGhD8Y6— Garuda Indonesia (@IndonesiaGaruda) January 9, 2019 Garuda’s inflight entertainment initiative may be new to Indonesia but it is not the first time an airline has experimented with live performances. The U.S. airline Southwest held live performances aboard some of its flights in 2017. The scheme had mixed results. The issue, passengers found, was that at 35,000 feet they had no way of opting out of the performances. Some travelers said they preferred… Read full this story
- Technical 'glitch' causes dozens of Spirit Airlines customers to miss their flights after they are sent emails saying their departure times had changed
- Florida Woman Forces American Airlines Plane Diversion After Faking Medical Issue During Flight
- Bamboo ensemble holds classical concert at L’Espace
- Bamboo ensemble holds classical concert at L’Espace Hanoi
- Amazon Apologizes After Delivery Driver Attempts to Enter Customer's Home
- Close Call: Georgia Police Stop Teen’s Attempted Suicide Shown on Facebook Live
- China Holds Live Fire Drills in Tibet Amid Standoff With India
- Millennial grooms suiting up online
- Hundreds Stranded in Mexico After Airline Cancels Flights: 'We Do Not Have Another Flight to Re-accommodate Passengers'
- British Airways cancels all flights from Gatwick and Heathrow due to IT failure
Airline Attempts to Woo Millennial Customers by Holding Live Concerts on Flights have 339 words, post on www.newsweek.com at January 11, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.