THE Nobel Peace Prize has been won by some of history’s most famous and iconic figures like Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King, Mother Teresa and Barack Obama. The award is one of five – including Chemistry, Literature, Physics and Medicine – set up by Swedish industrialist, inventor and armaments manufacturer Alfred Nobel. Who won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2018? Denis Mukwege and Nadia Murad have won the 2018 Nobel peace prize. They were recognised for their efforts to end the use of sexual violence as a weapon in war. The committee said Congolese doctor Denis Mukwege had been “the foremost, most unifying symbol both nationally and internationally of the struggle to end sexual violence in war and armed conflict”. Nadia Murad of the Yazidi minority in Iraq was captured by Isis, raped and subjected to other abuses. The committee said she showed “uncounted courage in recounting her own suffering”. The winners are receiving their award today, December 10 in Oslo, Norway. Who was is in the running to win it? Trump was second favourite to win the award at 5-2 following his historic handshake with the North Korean leader Kim Jong-un. Jong-un was fancied at 4/6 to take the prize, sharing it with… Read full this story
- Scars to Stars - The 50 Year Odyssey Of The Star Poster Program
- UT-Austin Professor John Goodenough Wins Nobel Prize In Chemistry
- FC Barcelona - The Cruyff Years
- Where Did All My Friends Go?
- How You Can Save Money Christmas Shopping This Year
- 2009 Obama & God's 2500 Year Blessing on Black Israelites
- 25 Year Fixed Rates For Mortgages
- Students 'Using Gap Years to Save For Homes'
- Denied Individual Health Insurance Coverage? Reasons For Health Insurance Coverage to Be Denied
- The True Nature Of Peace
Who won the Nobel Peace Prize 2018, who won in past years and what did Denis Mukwege and Nadia Murad do? have 290 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at December 10, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.