President Donald Trump blasted former FBI Director James Comey on Twitter Sunday, accusing him of lying to House lawmakers about the investigation into Russian interference. “Leakin’ James Comey must have set a record for who lied the most to Congress in one day. His Friday testimony was so untruthful!” Trump tweeted. “This whole deal is a Rigged Fraud headed up by dishonest people who would do anything so that I could not become President. They are now exposed!” he continued. “On 245 occasions, former FBI Director James Comey told House investigators he didn’t know, didn’t recall, or couldn’t remember things when asked. Opened investigations on 4 Americans (not 2) – didn’t know who signed off and didn’t know Christopher Steele. All lies!” Comey told lawmakers during hours of closed-door questioning that the FBI’s counterintelligence investigation into potential ties between the Trump campaign and Russia initially focused on four Americans and whether they were connected to Russian efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election. Comey did not identify the Americans but said Trump, then the Republican candidate, was not among them. He also told the House Judiciary Committee that, contrary to Trump’s claims, he was “not friends in any social… Read full this story
- James Comey keeps a place card from his infamous 'loyalty' dinner with Trump in his office at home
- Trump Slams Hunter Biden Interview: 'Really Bad'
- Trump slams whistleblower complaint as 'political hack job'
- Josh Hawley Slams LeBron James’s ‘Garbage’ Comments on NBA-China Scandal
- Trump 'strongly condemns' doctored video showing him killing news outlets, foes, spokeswoman says
- Lindsey Graham formally requests Department of Justice declassify trove of Trump-Russia documents which will detail how the FBI tried to verify the golden showers dossier
- NYT: Comey Kept Place Card From Infamous 2017 Trump Dinner
- Brendan Gleeson to star as Donald Trump in new TV series
- 'Five Eyes' in the dark: Will Trump and Barr destroy trust in U.S. intelligence?
- Macabre Video of Fake Trump Shooting Media and Critics Is Shown at His Resort
Trump Slams 'Leakin' James Comey on Twitter have 330 words, post on www.newsmax.com at December 9, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.