Sears plans to close 80 more stores in March, as the bankrupt retailer may be forced to liquidate its business entirely, CNBC has learned. The department store operator told employees Thursday that it plans to shut another round of stores next year, in addition to those that are already in the process of going dark. When Sears filed for bankruptcy Oct. 15, it was still operating a little under 700 stores. At that time, the company said it would close 142 unprofitable stores. In November, it announced the closure of 40 additional stores. Sears told workers this week it expects to begin liquidation sales at the 80 stores (listed below) in two weeks. The accompanying Sears Auto Centers will also be shut. CNBC reported earlier this month that the retailer was weighing closing 50 to 80 more stores, in a fight to stay alive. Sears’ chairman, Eddie Lampert, has been trying to buy the company out of bankruptcy through his hedge fund, ESL Investments. Since filing for bankruptcy, the retailer has announced plans to close more than 260 of its 700 or so stores, or more than a third of its locations. A Sears spokesman didn’t immediately respond to CNBC’s… Read full this story
- JCPenney Closing More Stores, Including One In Massachusetts
- Asda to close all stores on Boxing Day and reward frontline staff with a bonus
- Apple closes California stores amid rising COVID-19 cases
- Primark workers reveal the store’s Christmas secrets – including why you MUST hit the shops before 11am on Boxing Day
- All the shops and supermarkets staying shut on Boxing Day as Asda closes 631 stores
- Department store chain Galeria Karstadt Kaufhof closes a third of its shops
- Ahmedabad: In fight against Covid, healthcare workers losing skin health & hair
- Walt Disney's grandson Brad Lund, 50, criticizes bonuses for executives after the company furloughed 100,000 workers during coronavirus shutdown
- Christmas Eve Store Hours—What Time Do Walmart, Target, Macy's Close?
- Coles and Woolworths stores are overrun with panic buyers in Melbourne amid looming lockdown - as experts say 'perfect storm' outbreak was AVOIDABLE and could spread across the nation
Sears Tells Workers It's Closing 80 More Stores in March have 333 words, post on www.nbcmiami.com at December 28, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.