Share Tweet Plus One Pin It Email Print By: Apoorva Mandhani December 5, 2018 6:37 pm Change Font Size The Supreme Court collegium has reiterated its recommendation for appointment of Judicial Officer Vishnukumar Prabhudas Patel as a judge of Gujarat High Court. Mr. Patel’s name had been recommended by the collegium of the Gujarat High Court on December 1, 2016, along with names of other Advocates and Judicial Officers. The proposal in respect of one Advocate and four Judicial Officers was approved by the Supreme Court collegium on April 19 this year. While other recommendees were appointed by the government as judges of the high court, the proposal for Mr. Patel’s elevation was withheld and referred back to the CJI for reconsideration. The collegium comprising Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi, Justice MB Lokur and Justice AK Sikri, however, reiterated the proposal, resolving, “We have carefully scrutinized the material placed on record including the reasons recorded in the file seeking reconsideration of the proposal for elevation of Shri Vishnukumar Prabhudas Patel. Since the Collegium does not find any fresh material in the file referred back to it for reconsideration of the above proposal, the Collegium is of the considered opinion that Shri… Read full this story
- Waller County judge warned about misusing the "prestige of his judicial office."
- Fitton: Judge Slams State/DOJ on Clinton Email Cover-Up
- Judicial Crisis Network to Senate Democrats: Stop Bullying Federal Judges
- Judge upholds ruling that DACA must be restored
- Police officers disciplined after video released of woman being beat on New Jersey beach
- Tim Scott Flip-Flops on a Second Conservative Judge, Thomas Farr
- Moments before vote, McConnell withdraws Trump judicial nominee
- Tom Fitton: Judicial Watch in Court for Fusion GPS Records
- Flake Votes ‘No’ on Judges, Grassley Cancels Votes for Remainder of 2018
- Fitton: Judicial Watch Sues to Expose DOJ FISA Warrant Abuses
SC Collegium Reiterates Recommendation To Elevate Judicial Officer Vishnukumar Prabhudas Patel As Gujarat HC Judge have 307 words, post on www.livelaw.in at December 5, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.