Home Daily News Partner promotion photo shows little diversity;… Diversity By Debra Cassens Weiss Posted December 20, 2018, 8:30 am CST Law firm partnership announcements are drawing scrutiny as critics question why women and minorities appear to be underrepresented. One law firm battered by LinkedIn commenters was Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison, the New York Law Journal reports. Its online photo of 12 new partners showed just one woman. The others appeared to be white men. Among the in-house counsel expressing dismay on LinkedIn was Michelle Fang, chief legal officer at car-sharing company Turo. In an interview with the New York Law Journal, she said that other law firm announcements probably look pretty similar. Fang believes it’s important for corporate counsel to reward law firms that champion diversity and inclusion in how they promote and hire people. “White males don’t have a monopoly on talent,” she said. Last year, women made up 38.1 percent of new partners, an increase of about a percentage point from 2016, according to the Diversity & Flexibility Alliance. Several law firms announcing partner promotions this year have dipped below that percentage, according to the New York Law Journal. They include Gunderson Dettmer Stough Villeneuve… Read full this story
- Women in the Law UK group expands to capital
- Diversity among City partners growing at a snail's pace
- EU Competition Law Summit – Ithaca
- The Trump blame game
- When German companies talk about 'diversity,' they only mean women
- On YouTube, people with disabilities create content to show and normalize their experiences
- Woman sent death threats after people 'spot embarrassing detail' in her photo
- Are refugees to blame for a rise in anti-Semitism… or are they being scapegoated?
- Sex, dogs and Vanilla Ice: how Madonna's X-rated photo book nearly destroyed the Queen of Pop
- Swiss vote on 'fair food' laws
Partner promotion photo shows little diversity; law firm blames 'idiosyncratic demographic pool' have 291 words, post on www.abajournal.com at December 20, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.