Only one in ten of the fastest-growing startups in the UK have women founders, new research has found, highlighting the issue of access to funding for female entrepreneurs. According to the study, compiled by gathered by data firm Beauhurst and investment site SyndicateRoom, 12pc of the 100 companies which had increased their valuation most since 2015 had been set up by women. Speaking to The Daily Telegraph, Luciana Lixandru, a partner at venture capital fund Accel, said: “Women should help women and men should help women as well. Part of my career has certainly been due to the fact I have a very strong support network of men around me.” These new figures come days after a report revealed that 93pc of investment in startups goes to male entrepreneurs. In the wider business sector, around one in five British companies are run by women. In the data compiled by Beauhurst and SyndicateRoom, three technology companies topped the list of the 100 fastest-growing companies. Energy challenger Bulb led the list of fastest-growing businesses with 350pc growth in three years, followed by fashion search engine Lyst (135pc) and biotech startup ReViral (59pc). The 100 most bullish startups generated over £1.7bn in collective turnover and 14,000 staff in the last financial year,… Read full this story
- Fastest-Growing Monster Black Hole Discovered, Can Devour Sun's Mass Every Two Days
- Fastest-Growing ‘Monster’ Black Hole Discovered, Can Devour Sun Every Two Days
- Phobio Recognized Among Top 40 Fastest-Growing Companies in Georgia
- With 500,000 viewers per day, VR is the fastest-growing category on Pornhub
- Tech cities in Texas are the fastest growing in the U.S.
- Scientists Just Found the Fastest-Growing Black Hole. Here's How Fast It 'Eats'
- Nielsen: More than 50 percent of teens now own a smartphone, fastest-growing sector
- The Universe's Fastest-Growing Black Hole Eats Suns Like Ours for Breakfast
- Kantar: Windows Phone is the fastest growing OS on the planet
- Fastest-Growing 'Monster' Black Hole Ever Discovered Devours Sun's Mass Every Two Days
One in ten of the fastest growing UK startups have women founders, research reveals have 324 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at December 9, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.