‘My knowledge of law is greater’: DUP’s Pengelly reminds academic she has “arts degree from Ulster University” BelfastTelegraph.co.uk DUP MP Emma Little-Pengelly has found herself under fire again on Twitter after she appeared to tell an academic that she was more qualified to understand the Brexit withdrawal agreement than they were. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/my-knowledge-of-law-is-greater-dups-pengelly-reminds-academic-she-has-arts-degree-from-ulster-university-37635619.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/article37564159.ece/b692e/AUTOCROP/h342/2018-11-26_new_46024033_I3.JPG Email DUP MP Emma Little-Pengelly has found herself under fire again on Twitter after she appeared to tell an academic that she was more qualified to understand the Brexit withdrawal agreement than they were. Dr Katy Hayward from the sociology department at Queen’s University had commented on a speech given by Co Antrim-born Labour MP Kate Hoey over the weekend. “How bold. To speak out on behalf of Northern Ireland, while standing beneath the slogan: ‘Believe in Britain’,” Dr Hayward had written. Mrs Little-Pengelly criticised the academic and in the ensuing debate she tweeted: “Withdrawal agreement is a legal text. “With the greatest of respect, I will trust my judgement as a barrister to understand it rather than Katy, who may be qualified as an academic but who is a sociologist with an arts degree from Ulster University.” She added in a further response: “Obviously my knowledge… Read full this story
- Positive Psychology in Martial Arts
- The Trouble(s) with College
- How to build a fairer city
- Death! Oh! Death! And the death of meteors
- Elitism and a skewed view of Britain’s diversity
- So much for harder exams! Number of GCSE pupils getting top grades RISES despite biggest shake-up for a generation as 700,000 anxious teenagers open their results
- 'Reader beware ...'
- What's wrong with Gillian McKeith
- The Power of Awe: A Sense of Wonder Promotes Loving-Kindness
- Exercising Our Freedom and Intelligence: Part 8
'My knowledge of law is greater': DUP's Pengelly reminds academic she has "arts degree from Ulster University" have 306 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at December 18, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.