WASHINGTON — Melania Trump is sorting toys and making Christmas cards for an annual toy drive held by the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve.
The Toys for Tots charity collects and distributes new toys to needy children. The event is being held Tuesday at a Washington-area military base.
Before diving in to the mission at hand, the first lady said she had been looking forward to the event since last year’s ended.
The White House says Mrs. Trump is donating 100 books to a Toys for Tots literacy program. She’s also giving the children who are helping out at the toy drive coloring books and White House candies inside tote bags that say “Be Best,” the name of her child welfare initiative.
- New day, nude outfit! Melania Trump makes a stylish arrival in London in a $1,400 Roland Mouret dress and yet ANOTHER pair of Louboutins (and with an army of staff to carry her and Donald's Louis Vuitton luggage)
- Melania Trump is Either the Slovekain Rain Man, Or She Finessed Her 'Einstein' Visa
- Melania Trump turns heads in bold shirt dress for Halloween celebrations with Donald
- We Choose to Believe That Melania Trump Absolutely Copied Star Jones's Wedding
- Fashion Notes: From Gucci to Burberry, Melania Trump Revives Lost Glamour
- Philip May and Melania Trump are chalk and cheese but they still have to hang out
- Melania Trump Spokeswoman Has Wild Response to Africa Outfit Criticism
- Melania Trump embarrassment: FLOTUS trolled for controversial Halloween Twitter post
- Melania Trump shock: FLOTUS and Donald accused of 'bullying' trick or treater – VIDEO
- Donald and Melania Trump ‘spend very little to no time together’