World International Affairs The United States on Sunday issued a security alert for the Spanish city of Barcelona, a popular tourist destination, warning of the risk of terrorist attacks just ahead of the holidays. “U.S. citizens should exercise heightened caution around areas of vehicle movement, including buses, in the Las Ramblas area of Barcelona (Plaza Catalunya to Plaza del Portal de la Pau) during the Christmas and New Year’s holidays,” the alert warned. It went on to say that “terrorists may attack with little or no warning, targeting tourist locations, transportation hubs, and other public areas,” urging travelers to “remain vigilant” if they visit the iconic city. Police in Spain’s Catalonia region, where Barcelona is located, have launched a manhunt following information they received from the U.S., according to Spanish newspaper El Pais. Identified only by the initials B.L., the man is reportedly 30 years old, has a bus driver’s license and a police record dating back to 2006. Spanish policemen walk in a cordoned off area after a van ploughed into the crowd on Las Ramblas in Barcelona on August 17, 2017 PAU BARRENA/AFP/Getty Images Last August, a terrorist attack was carried out in Las Ramblas by a man who drove… Read full this story
- New York City flooded with cops in Fourth of July security alert: Seven thousand officers assigned to potential targets amid a rise in terrorist 'chatter' and fears of attack by homegrown ISIS extremists
- Terror threat to U.K. hospitals during coronavirus lockdown, says Scotland Yard officer
- In times of coronavirus and climate change, we must rethink national security
- Security is ramped up across the country in preparation for July 4 celebrations as fear of an attack by ISIS sympathizers grows
- Strapped to a stretcher, the ISIS-inspired suicide bomber who targeted subway 'because it had Christmas posters'
- Secret German terror cell’s ‘Hard Core’ plot exposed
- What's in store for Europe in 2017? A look at possible scenarios
- Dua Lipa's Career Streams & Sales, From 'New Rules' to 'Don't Start Now': Ask Billboard Mailbag
- Trump clamps limits on travel from Europe to US for 30 days
- Amarnath Yatra begins amid tight security
Is Europe Safe? U.S. Issues Security Alert in Barcelona Over Terrorism Threat During Christmas and New Year's have 348 words, post on www.newsweek.com at December 24, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.