The Maldives make for one of those absolute bucket list destinations, and it’s not surprising when you consider they offer sun, sea, sand and serious luxury.
After all, guests get to relax amidst picture-perfect white sands, crystalline waters that are ideal for snorkeling, and some pretty spectacular landscapes to discover.
Then of course there are the resorts where extravagance and opulence are part of the package from the luxury spas and fine dining restaurants to beautiful bedrooms – including those iconic over-the-water villas.
No wonder it’s such a hit with the A-list.
But the good news is there are ways to get the best value for your money, and find deals that won’t leave you having to break the bank.
Check out our top tips below…
Best time to go for a cheaper break
The Maldives is an ideal winter sun destination, with peak season falling from December through to March.
If you can be flexible with your travel dates, it’s worth looking at either end of this season, for example travelling late November or early April when things are starting to wind down – increasing your chance of finding late deals.
However, although the Maldives does boast year-round sunshine don’t get caught out by cheap prices that are found from May to October; this is monsoon season which is why rates are so low.
Look for an all-inclusive offer
An all-inclusive package can be a great way to get the most bang for your buck, especially as your travel, accommodation, food and transfers will be included.
Which, considering how far you’re travelling and the fact you’ll need to organise transfers from Male to the islands, could be the way to go.
In fact, TravelSupermarket can be a great source for comparing all-inclusive packages and finding the one that’s best suited to the holiday you’re after.
Check out our top tips for getting the best value all-inclusive packages .
Opt for a package rather than booking flights and hotel separately
A trip to the Maldives involves flights to Male (there are no direct routes from the UK), transfers to the island – and then all of the food, drink and activities you’re planning to enjoy out there.
If you can find a package that already includes your flights and accommodation, that could save you a significant chunk of budget rather than booking everything separately – freeing up your pennies should you want to indulge with a fancy spa treatment/diving session/excursion instead.
The good news is there are plenty of firms offering tempting holiday deals for Brits.
Leaving it a bit late? Check out Lastminute.com for some brilliant deals.
Look for ATOL protected holiday package to ensure your money is protected should the travel firm go bust.
How to find cheap flights to the Maldives
British Airways is the only airline to offer direct flights from the UK to the Maldives , departing from London Gatwick.
Best resorts in the Maldives
With almost 2,000 islands, you’ll be spoiled for choice when it comes to picking where to stay in the Maldives. (Although not all are inhabited which helps narrow it down a little bit!).
- Cheap holidays for under £250 – city breaks and family deals not to miss
- Save $100 with cheap robot vacuum cleaner deal at Walmart
- Cheap all-inclusive beach holidays for Summer 2020 – from the Costa Brava to Corfu
- Best holiday deals under £100pp – including three night all-inclusive Majorca break
- All-inclusive Greece holidays are currently going from £199pp but be quick
- Best travel deals in the January sales for 2020 that need to be on your radar
- Cheap February half term holiday deals including Spain, Portugal and Malta
- The best spa days you can buy as a gift in 2020 with deals from £39pp
- Best Mother’s Day spa day deals 2020 – choose from the best massages, treatments and afternoon teas
- TUI is running a huge sale on cruises in 2020 - here are the best deals
- Best cheap spa breaks across the UK for 2019 - starting from £35
- You can currently bag free drinks deals on luxury Caribbean cruises in 2020
- 6 best child-friendly ski resorts for a perfect family holiday
- 'We can't wait': Maldives desperate for funds as islands risk going under
- Best Black Friday holiday deals: Cheap city breaks and holiday offers from Thomas Cook, last minute, Travelodge and more
- Sam Faiers bags half a MILLION pound deal with Oreo... as she follows former ambassadors Christina Aguilera and Serena Williams
- New election in Maldives in doubt as challengers dither over list
- The best cheap Fitbit sale prices and deals for January 2020
- MSC Magnifica to sail from UK in 2021 and you can already get cheap cruises
- Cheap ski holidays 2020: Best last minute deals including a 7-night Lapland break for £299pp with flights
How to find cheap holidays in the Maldives and all-inclusive deals have 913 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at December 14, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.