Breaking News Emails Get breaking news alerts and special reports. The news and stories that matter, delivered weekday mornings. SUBSCRIBE Dec. 11, 2018 / 11:32 PM GMT By Jane C. Timm President Donald Trump put his long-promised border wall at the center of the government funding debate on Tuesday, repeating the frequently fact-checked falsehood that it’s already under construction no fewer than eight times while making a host of questionable new assertions on Twitter and during a testy public spat with Democratic leaders at the White House. Here are Trump’s claims, and the facts. The White House did not respond to a request for more clarity. 1. We’re building the border wall. “Tremendous amounts of wall have already been built, and a lot of — a lot of wall,” Trump said in the Oval Office. “In San Diego, we’re building new walls right now.” This is still false. The government is currently repairing and replacing old sections of border fencing, but construction on a new section of border barrier has not yet begun and won’t this year. 2. A lot of the wall is already “built.” “But the wall will get built. A lot of the wall is built. It’s… Read full this story
- North Korea says US ruining detente atmosphere ahead of Trump summit with 'misleading' claims
- Trump threatens government shutdown over border wall
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump keeps promoting myth about NATO debt
- Ferret Fact Check examines UK minister's claims about homelessness in Scotland
- Donald Trump proposes military secure Mexico border until wall is built
- Trump Vows to Reject Immigration Bill Without Border Wall Clause
- Caravan of Central American asylum seekers arrive at US border wall
- Mexico border wall: Why is Donald Trump deploying the National Guard?
- Oregon student disciplined for "Trump Border Wall" t-shirt to get $25,000
- Trump threatens government shutdown over border security votes
Fact check: Trump constructs false, misleading claims about his border 'wall' have 311 words, post on www.nbcnews.com at December 11, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.