An academic has hailed mass migration and the coming artificial intelligence revolution as reasons not to fear plummeting fertility rates in Western countries, wherein most it has long stood below replacement rate. Oxford University academic Sarah Harper’s views that falling fertility should be a “cause for celebration” were profiled by British left-wing newspaper The Guardian, which reported that changes in society meant Western countries no longer had to worry about growing or even sustaining their populations.The former Royal Institution director said nations wishing to sustain themselves was “really old thinking”, and praised German Chancellor Angela Merkel as a world leader who had found a way to grow their country without having to resort to citizens having their own children. Speaking of the migrant crisis which Dr Merkel triggered by throwing open her own borders — and by proxy the borders of the European Union as well — Harper said: “I believe that one of the reasons why Angela Merkel took the million refugees was because she desperately needed to boost her working population.” As well as mass migration, the academic pointed to artificial intelligence, which she believes will render many human occupations obsolete in the future, as a reason to celebrate falling… Read full this story
- Congress has no plan to end immigrant child separation, says guidance needed
- Boy Scouts’ Bullying Of Black Scout Motivated By Trump’s Anti-Immigrant Speech, Parent Says
- Prosecutors Eye Trump’s NJ Golf Club Over Possible Immigration Crimes, Report Says
- Chicago killings and shootings have been falling this year, police say
- Chris Christie at White House as Trump considers Jeff Sessions' replacement, reports say
- Forget the border wall, close immigration loopholes: your say
- Bernie Sanders Worries Impeachment Could Lead To Trump Saying He’s “Vindicated”
- Rancho Mirage High School student rushed to hospital following fall from balcony, officials say
- Alabama town mirrors US class divide on immigration
- California’s Vineyard Workers Already Faced Long Hours, Low Pay, and Harsh Conditions. Then Came Trump’s Immigration Crackdown.
Don’t Worry About Fertility Falling Because Immigration and A.I. Will Replace the Unborn, Says Academic have 335 words, post on www.breitbart.com at December 26, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.