News / World by Press Association 08/12/2018, 12:49 am FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail Send us a story Sign up to our Daily newsletter US President Donald Trump’s former lawyer Michael Cohen was in touch as far back as 2015 with a Russian who offered “political synergy” with the Trump election campaign, the federal special counsel has said in a court filing. Filings by prosecutors from both New York and the Trump-Russia special counsel’s office laid out for the first time details of the co-operation of Cohen, a vital witness who once said he would “take a bullet” for the president but who in recent months has become a prime antagonist and pledged to come clean with the government. Federal prosecutors said that Cohen deserves a substantial prison sentence despite his co-operation with investigators. He is to be sentenced next week and may face several years in prison. In hours of meetings with prosecutors, Cohen detailed his intimate involvement in an array of episodes, including some that directly touch the president, that are at the centre of investigations into campaign finance violations and potential collusion between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin. In one of the filings, special counsel Robert Mueller details how Cohen… Read full this story
- Trump lawyer Giuliani will not cooperate in U.S. House impeachment inquiry
- Trump Faces Giuliani Dilemma as House, Justice Probes Converge
- Manhattan DA tapping ‘confidential informants’ in Trump probe
- Flight logs show Bill Clinton flew on sex offender's jet much more than previously known
- Joe Biden’s brother and son have a long history of profiting off his name
- The Latest: Putin and Erdogan discuss situation in Syria
- Sondland prepared to deny he was warned about Ukraine work
- Financial Asset Investigations
- Your Salesman Over Promised - Now What?
Details of ex-Trump lawyer’s Russia probe co-operation revealed have 282 words, post on www.eveningexpress.co.uk at December 7, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.