President Donald Trump on Thursday denied working on a Trump Organization real estate project in Moscow, which his former lawyer Michael Cohen said he had pursued until June 2016. Trump also called Cohen a “weak person” who is “lying” to get a reduced sentence. Cohen pleaded guilty on Thursday to making false statements to Congress regarding the project, putting fresh pressure on the president. During a surprise court hearing, Cohen admitted to lying to the Senate intelligence committee about a plan to build a Trump Tower in Moscow. Cohen said he made the false statements to be consistent with Trump’s “political message.” Cohen’s lawyer says he continues to cooperate withspecial counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russian election interference and possible coordination with Trump associates. While denied Cohen’s claim that negotiations contined well into the 2016 campaign, Trump told reporters “there would be nothing wrong if I did do it.” Trump said his pledge not to conclude new deals only applied after he had been elected and inaugurated. Material from The Associated Press and Reuters was used in this report.
- Alice Marie Johnson Speaks Out On Trump Commuting Her Prison Sentence — ‘The Best Day Of My Life’
- McConnell: Trump ‘Fed Lies’ and ‘Provoked’ the Deadly Capitol Riot
- CNN’s Acosta: Trump Is ‘Lying to Himself’ with ‘Delusions’ — ‘American People Just Want Him to Go’
- Kwame Kilpatrick's road to Trump commutation of corruption sentence
- Disgraced ex-Baltimore mayor wants Trump to commute her sentence
- McConnell said Trump “fed lies” to mob about Biden election
- The Unpleasant Truth About Africa And Haiti Trumps Liberal Lies And Hypocrisy
- Who Did Trump Pardon on His Last Day as President?
- Trump issued ANOTHER pardon with less than an hour left of his presidency: Fox News star Jeanine Pirro's tax fraudster ex-husband Albert - who used to represent Donald - is given clemency
- Trump PARDONS Steve Bannon: President grants clemency to 143 people including White House strategist who 'defrauded MAGA fans out of $1M', Lil Wayne, Kodak Black and convicted politicians
Trump: Cohen 'Lying' to Get Reduced Sentence have 328 words, post on www.newsmax.com at November 29, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.