PARADISE, Calif. — The Latest on California’s wildfires (all times local):5:30 p.m.Fire officials say Southern California wildfires have burned 150 homes and that number will rise.Authorities also announced Friday that a quarter of a million people are under evacuation orders as wind-whipped flames rage through scenic areas west of Los Angeles and burn toward the sea.At a news conference, officials said 75 percent of the Ventura County city of Thousand Oaks has been emptied. The entire celebrity enclave of Malibu also is under evacuation orders.Twin fires erupted Thursday and were pushed by winds of up to 60 mph through coastal foothills and canyons.The Hill fire has burned 6,000 acres and isn’t advancing, but the Woolsey fire a few miles away doubled in size to 35,000 acres.Los Angeles County fire Chief Daryl Osby says winds are dying down tbut will roar back to life on Sunday.———4:55 p.m.A sheriff’s spokeswoman has confirmed a sixth death in a Northern California wildfire that has forced tens of thousands of people to evacuate.Butte County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Megan McMann said Friday she did not have details on the circumstances of the death.Sheriff’s officials said earlier that five people were found dead in vehicles that were… Read full this story
- California wildfire burns through Angeles National Forest as it moves towards Mount Wilson in LA
- How to Reunite With Pets Lost in the California Wildfires
- How to Help People Affected by the California Wildfires
- Entire Town 'Pretty Much' Destroyed In Northern California Wildfire
- Trump Suggests California Wildfires Can Be Avoided by 'Raking'
- Big Sur under threat as California wildfire edges closer
- Explosive Northern California Wildfire Is Consuming 80 Acres of Land a Minute
- Number of homes destroyed by California wildfires up to 53; Dodgers' Furcal among those evacuated
- Northern California wildfires force hundreds to flee homes
- California wildfire chases July 4th visitors from Big Sur
The Latest: S California wildfires have burned 150 homes have 320 words, post on gazette.com at November 8, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.