When Off Main Street was a cub reporter, we learned the ordinary news event that holds little interest to readers is known as “dog bites man.” “Man bites dog,” on the other hand, is an unusual story that happens so rarely, if ever, it grabs readers by the scruff of the neck. We’ll have to come up with a third category to describe a news announcement that is so un-unexpected that it ends up being a surprise. As in, “Why on earth did they do this?” That was our reaction when we saw Monday’s official announcement from the campaign of State Sen. Catharine Young, R-Olean. “SENATOR CATHARINE YOUNG SEEKS RE-ELECTION TO THE NEW YORK STATE SENATE,” was the bold, all-caps headline on the news release, issued eight days before Election Day. Was that ever in doubt? We look forward to more breaking news from the senator’s campaign. “BILLS IN NEED OF COMPETENT QUARTERBACK PLAY.” Or “NOVEMBER BRINGS CHANCE OF SNOW.”
- Netflix and Youtube Stop HD Streaming in Europe So the Internet Doesn't Crash
- Trump Slams Press for ‘Fake News’ over Google Coronavirus Screening Tool
- Justin Trudeau Politely Stops Press Conference to Get Coat
- BREAKING NEWS: White House is considering cash payments to U.S. workers, as Mitt Romney gets behind plan to give $1,000 to every American EACH MONTH during the coronavirus crisis
- Stop capital punishment: UN on Nirbhaya convicts' hanging
- Spectrum internet and TV services are down across the U.S.
- Moment police break open locked car roof box at M25 service station to find suspected illegal immigrant after hearing 'banging and screaming' inside
- Curfew lifted, mobile internet services suspended in 6 Meghalaya districts
- Press corps theatrics don't help us in a crisis
- Chilcot breaks his cover at last, but not his silence: Iraq inquiry Chairman repeatedly refuses to answer questions about when his report will finally be published
Stop the presses: Sen. Young's 'news' won't break the internet have 315 words, post on buffalonews.com at November 1, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.