When Off Main Street was a cub reporter, we learned the ordinary news event that holds little interest to readers is known as “dog bites man.” “Man bites dog,” on the other hand, is an unusual story that happens so rarely, if ever, it grabs readers by the scruff of the neck. We’ll have to come up with a third category to describe a news announcement that is so un-unexpected that it ends up being a surprise. As in, “Why on earth did they do this?” That was our reaction when we saw Monday’s official announcement from the campaign of State Sen. Catharine Young, R-Olean. “SENATOR CATHARINE YOUNG SEEKS RE-ELECTION TO THE NEW YORK STATE SENATE,” was the bold, all-caps headline on the news release, issued eight days before Election Day. Was that ever in doubt? We look forward to more breaking news from the senator’s campaign. “BILLS IN NEED OF COMPETENT QUARTERBACK PLAY.” Or “NOVEMBER BRINGS CHANCE OF SNOW.”
- STOP PRESS: Olive Press now officially number one English news website in Spain
- It's bad news for Breaking Bad fans...
- Sheffield news LIVE: Breaking news, traffic and travel
- Sheffield news LIVE: Breaking news, traffic and travel updates
- Lancashire news LIVE: Breaking news, traffic and travel updates
- NEWS.am breaking news in a video: 20.11.2018
- Pay gap stops shrinking but young women earn more than men
- Passer-by who stopped attack on young Norwich woman from being worse urged to call police
- NEWS.am breaking news in a video: 24.10.2018
- NEWS.am breaking news in a video: 16.11.2018
Stop the presses: Sen. Young's 'news' won't break the internet have 262 words, post on buffalonews.com at November 1, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.