The first lady joined President Donald Trump for Kavanaugh’s ceremonial swearing-in on Thursday. She later used Twitter to congratulate Kavanaugh on his installation on the high court, adding: “I know you will continue to serve our country with honor.”
Congratulations Justice Kavanaugh. I know you will continue to serve our country with honor. 🇺🇸 pic.twitter.com/OuAosgrYoc
— Melania Trump (@FLOTUS) November 8, 2018
The comment raised eyebrows, given how Kavanaugh lied through his controversial confirmation process and furiously denied sexual assault allegations.
Honor?! You mean taking rights away from everyone who isn’t you?!
— Jillian Anderson (@TudorTears) November 8, 2018
Honor??? You have NO IDEA what that word means, obviously.
— Mrs Bromez (@WineBaconThou) November 8, 2018
Ugh nothing honorable about this administration.
— Don’t blame me I voted Beto (@artislifeisart) November 8, 2018
Let me rephrase what you really mean. “Congratulations Justice Kavanaugh. I know you will continue to serve THE PRESIDENT with honor.”
— 🌊💙🇺🇸Lulu4DEMOCRACY🇺🇸💙 (@LuluNYGrlinNV) November 9, 2018
We have different definitions of what honor means in out society.
— gary felsher (@gscottfelsher) November 8, 2018
Lol with what honor?
— Stephy Griebs (@StephyGriebs) November 8, 2018
Do you have information you want to share with HuffPost? Here’s how.
BEFORE YOU GO
- #WhyIDidntReport hashtag becomes powerful response to Trump questioning Brett Kavanaugh's accuser
- Trump rallies in West Virginia the day after calling for an FBI investigation into allegations against Brett Kavanaugh
- John Oliver Exposes Brett Kavanaugh’s ‘Horrifying’ Testimony
- Women for Trump Founder Says GOP in Danger Because Witches Put a Hex on Brett Kavanaugh
- Brett Kavanaugh Has 'Energized' Donald Trump Impeachment Petition as It Nears 6 Million Signatures
- Michelle Obama and Melania Trump: Compare The Speeches
- Melania Trump's coat in 9/11 tribute sparks backlash which White House calls 'ridiculous'
- FBI reaches out to Deborah Ramirez, the second woman to accuse Brett Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct
- Revealed: Melania Trump's secret three-year relationship with a leukemia patient who is now in remission and introduced the First Lady to sick kids in a DC hospital
- Brett Kavanaugh 'Cried Like a Baby' and 'Raged' at Hearing, 'Morning Joe' Co-Host Says