Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) defended “American nationalism” in an interview with Fox News Channel host Tucker Carlson Wednesday evening, arguing the political ideology is “deeply rooted in moral and values.” Rubio’s remarks follow French president Emmanuel Macron’s rebuke of nationalism during a centenary commemoration of the First World War Armistice over the weekend, in which he called the ideology a “betrayal of patriotism and “treason.” President Trump declared himself a nationalist during a campaign rally in Houston, Texas with Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX).“A globalist is a person that wants the globe to do well, frankly, not caring about our country so much,” President Trump said before attendees. “You know what I am? I’m a nationalist. Okay? A nationalist. Use that word.” A partial transcript is as follows: CARLSON: I want to ask you about the question of nationalism. The president described himself as a nationalist recently. He was attacked by the leader of France for doing that. You recently published a Wall Street Journal op-ed defending the idea of nationalism. Why is nationalism a necessary concept in modern America? RUBIO: Well, American nationalism. What is our identity? Our identity, if not a common race, ethnicity. In fact, America is a de facto rejection of that. It is fundamentally… Read full this story
- Republican Marco Rubio announces US presidential run
- National conference on "The value of the ASEAN Socio-cultural community"
- Vietnamese Goods on Local Market: Not Deeply Rooted
- Deeply joining global value chain
- Vietnam seeks ways to engage more deeply in global value chains
- Trade promotion with South American nations
- Vietnam arrests American national over alleged major VAT refund scam
- Hung Kings Festival, an opportunity to recall nation’s roots
- Culture constitutes nation's strength and values, says Prof.
- Interests of each religion intertwined with those of nation: PM
Marco Rubio Defends ‘American Nationalism’: It’s ‘Deeply Rooted in Morals and Values’ have 306 words, post on www.breitbart.com at November 14, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.