Published 6:32 PM EST Nov 18, 2018
Derby, Vt. – A mystery man is providing cheer to Walmart shoppers in Vermont.
The man paid off the entire lot of layaway items at the store in Derby, near the Canadian border.
Brownington resident Sandra Cortez tells WCAX-TV she thought it was a rumor. But she learned it was real when she went to the store to find her items paid off.
Julie Gates of Eden Mills says she asked the man, “Who can afford to pay for everyone’s layaway?”
She said the man responded, “Santa Claus can.”
The man declined to give his name.
Walmart officials confirmed the story and said it happened earlier this month. Store officials declined to say how much the man spent.
- SAPD officer shoots man accused of assaulting patrons in a Walmart parking lot
- Activision has a plan to make you want to pay for in-game items
- Walmart Pay is here to enhance your Walmart shopping experience
- Man Sells "Entire Life" On eBay
- People are using Apple Pay a lot, according to retailers
- UK Customers Pay A Lot More For Adobe CS4
- Walmart and Target are quietly killing one of the most annoying things about shopping
- I ordered tea from Amazon, but got a box from Walmart. What happened?
- SAPD IDs alleged Walmart attacker, officer who shot him
- Walmart is close to spending as much as $12 billion on a deal that could give it an edge against Amazon