Associated Press Published 6:32 PM EST Nov 18, 2018 Derby, Vt. – A mystery man is providing cheer to Walmart shoppers in Vermont. The man paid off the entire lot of layaway items at the store in Derby, near the Canadian border. Brownington resident Sandra Cortez tells WCAX-TV she thought it was a rumor. But she learned it was real when she went to the store to find her items paid off. Julie Gates of Eden Mills says she asked the man, “Who can afford to pay for everyone’s layaway?” She said the man responded, “Santa Claus can.” The man declined to give his name. Walmart officials confirmed the story and said it happened earlier this month. Store officials declined to say how much the man spent.
- Revealed: The items that are set to get CHEAPER as COVID-19 restrictions are eased – and it ISN'T just petrol
- Walmart Express Delivery launches with 2-hour grocery delivery service
- Workers from Amazon, Whole Foods, Instacart, Target and Walmart stage a mass sick-out and plan nationwide protests calling for hazard pay, paid leave and protective equipment amid the COVID-19 crisis
- 2 hurt, 1 arrested after shooting in Oklahoma Walmart lot
- Welcome to Walmart. Your doctor will see you now
- Amazon, Walmart, Target, FedEx and Instacart workers to hold ‘unprecedented strike’ on Friday over virus risk
- Tyson Foods employee claims HR told him he was 'safer at work than shopping at Walmart' before his meat processing plant was forced to close amid coronavirus outbreak
- Inspectors Find Walmart Staff Not Wearing Protective Gear at Store Where 23 Employees Tested Positive for COVID-19
- Fast OK of Gilead drug; fast Walmart delivery; small business bankruptcies
- Nurses protest against Amazon as Target and Walmart workers stage mass strike over lack of coronavirus protection
Man pays off entire lot of layaway items at Vermont Walmart have 292 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at November 17, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.