It’s rather odd to find Jesse Jakomait this way — in a hoodie and jeans, walking. Walking. Just walking the mostly flat trails of Ute Valley Park after work.The sun is still up, so shouldn’t Jakomait be up in the mountains on his bike, grinding uphill and shredding down to his heart’s desire? Isn’t this his evening custom, as well as his morning ritual?Yes, come 4 a.m., he’s still pedaling up Old Stage Road and traversing Jones Park, logging several miles and thousands of vertical feet, leaving enough time for a shower before his 9-to-5 as a design engineer of SRAM bike parts, breaking up his days with lunchtime weight lifting and ending them on the trails and then home, where there is no TV.Riding is still his heart’s desire. But it’s not his only desire. You have to understand the new Jesse Jakomait, which he’s discussing now during this pleasant stroll.He starts with this: “I turned 40, and my whole body fell apart.”A torn hamstring. A separated shoulder. A foot problem that he delayed long enough, deciding finally on a surgery that paired a boot with the sling. You can understand how these months of no physical activity affected… Read full this story
- Colorado Springs woman aboard quarantined cruise ship happy and healthy, grandson says
- Man ID’d in Colorado Springs officer-involved shooting at Carl’s Jr. drive-thru
- Hard-Core Bernie Supporter AOC: I Will Back Biden If He Is The Nominee
- Levi Lewis begins UL spring season ready to improve upon record-breaking junior season
- Stepmom returned to Colorado to face charges in boy’s death
- It's a Spring Shake-Up for the Hottest Real Estate Markets in February 2020
- Gannon Stauch case: Stepmother brought back to Colorado to face murder charge
- You Hate Risk. You Need Growth. What Do You Do?
- Colorado snowpack levels promise sufficient water for state
- Stepmother of Gannon Stauch, 11, is seen in new booking photo after she is extradited to Colorado to face charges of murder, abuse and tampering with a human body
Jesse Jakomait, Colorado Springs' hard-core cyclist, doesn't need another record have 352 words, post on gazette.com at November 11, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.