U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren, on the heels of a successful reelection bid this week, said it’s “too early” for her to have begun considering whether she’ll make a presidential run in 2020.
“It’s less than 48 hours,” Warren said at a press conference Thursday, The Boston Globe reports. “I said I would take a hard look and I will. Too early.”
On Tuesday, Warren garnered 60 percent of the vote against Republican Geoff Diehl and Independent Shiva Ayyadurai to secure a second term.
The prominent Democrat, often speculated as a potential presidential candidate, also told reporters she has no timeline for her decision making, adding she was focused on the midterm elections until this week.
But Warren has previously stoked the belief that she’ll mount a campaign for the Oval Office.
In recent months, she has donated thousands to Democrats across the country, launched Senate reelection ads seen by millions around the United States, and published personal records on her website, including results of a DNA test that indicate she likely had a Native American ancestor at some point six to 10 generations ago.
An Axios poll by SurveyMonkey released this week shows if Warren were to face President Donald Trump in 2020, she has a slight, two-point edge with a 49 to 47 percent lead.
- Elizabeth Warren's Medicare for All Plan Is a Vision Statement for the Future She Wants
- Hedge fund billionaire Leon Cooper blasts Elizabeth Warren for her 'vilification of the rich' after she told him to 'pitch in more so everyone has a chance at the American Dream'
- Kamala Harris Now Tied for 3rd With Elizabeth Warren in Polls Behind Two Old White Men
- Elizabeth Warren’s new Medicare for All plan is confusing! Let us break it down for you.
- Is it too early to think about the Chiefs’ playoff position, tiebreakers? No
- Editorial: Elizabeth Warren’s op-ed rant far oversteps bounds
- Early Subaru BRZ sales running at 4x projections in Japan
- Nancy Pelosi Warns 2020 Democrats Championing Medicare for All: ‘Remember November’
- Biden Misses the Bus, Booker Starts to Cuss, and Harris Adjusts: The Root’s 2020 Presidential Black Power Rankings, Week 2
- Biden: Warren Is ‘Making it up’ on Paying for Medicare for All