A bicyclist was killed Friday morning after he was struck by a dump truck in Boston, police said.
The man, who has not been identified, was hit around 8:15 a.m. on Monsignor O’Brien Highway near the Museum of Science, according to Massachusetts State Police.
Officials first reported he suffered serious injuries, but he was later pronounced dead. Details released earlier Friday said he was struck by a pickup truck, but police clarified a dump truck was involved in the crash.
Authorities reduced both northbound and southbound traffic to a single lane in each direction, officials said in tweet.
Police remained on scene after 9:30 a.m. while an investigation was underway.
- Watch This Giant Dump Truck Fart Out An Actual Fireball
- This Is How You Assemble One Of Those Massive Dump Trucks
- Somebody Seriously Drifted One Of Those 200 Ton Mining Dump Trucks
- Please Stop Me From Buying This Giant Pink Dump Truck
- This Extreme Off-Road Dump Truck Proves Mercedes Has A Sense Of Humor
- Watch A 450-Ton Dump Truck Absolutely Pancake A Car
- This Video Will Get You Seriously Fired Up About Dump Trucks, Life
- Runaway Dump Truck Careens Into Car, Somehow Doesn't Kill Anybody
- How To Make A 66-Year-Old Dump Truck Rip Ridiculous Wheelies
- Oblivious Dump Truck Driver Takes Out Highway Sign, Chaos Ensues