Updated 1:19 PM EST Nov 10, 2018
Jimmy Butler is headed to Philadelphia, ending the weeks-long saga of him wanting out of Minnesota.
A person with knowledge of the situation says Butler is being traded to the 76ers in a package that will send Dario Saric and Robert Covington to the Timberwolves. The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity Saturday because the trade had not yet been announced by either team and was still pending NBA approval.
The Athletic first reported the agreement.
The trade will give Philadelphia a star trio, with Butler joining Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons.
Butler told the Timberwolves in September he wanted to be traded, and it took weeks for the team to find a deal it would accept. Butler averaged 21.3 points in 10 games for Minnesota this season.
More AP NBA: https://apnews.com/NBA and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports
- Jimmy Butler Trade Rumors: Minnesota Star Reportedly Has Short List of New York, L.A. and Brooklyn
- Jimmy Butler Trade Latest: Minnesota Star Reportedly Yells at GM, Confronts Wiggins, Towns at Tense Practice
- What they're saying nationally, in Portland about the Trail Blazers and the Jimmy Butler mess in Minnesota
- Detroit Pistons source: Jimmy Butler 'worth investigating'
- Source: Jimmy Butler and Glen Taylor meet, come to understanding on situation
- 76ers forward acts fast after dad’s racist Jimmy Butler tweets
- Jimmy Butler NBA Trade Rumors: Heat favorite to land star SG?
- What next for Jimmy Butler after His Sensational Rant Against Minnesota?
- Jimmy Butler trade rumors: Trail Blazers among interested teams?
- The Jimmy Butler sweepstakes heat up with a new favorite