Felicia Sonmez, The Washington Post Published 2:09 pm PDT, Thursday, October 18, 2018 WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump expressed support Thursday for one of the most popular provisions of an Obama-era law protecting people with preexisting conditions, even as he has repeatedly promised to scrap the law and his administration is waging a legal fight to overturn it. “All Republicans support people with pre-existing conditions, and if they don’t, they will after I speak to them,” Trump said in a tweet early Thursday evening. “I am in total support. Also, Democrats will destroy your Medicare, and I will keep it healthy and well!” Trump has repeatedly promised to repeal the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare, and frequently bemoans the failure of a Republican-led repeal effort in the Senate last year. The measure’s defeat was sealed by Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., whose “no” vote Trump has frequently blasted on the campaign trail – even while the senator was battling brain cancer. McCain died in August. The Trump administration has also joined a lawsuit against the 2010 health care law filed by 20 Republican attorneys general. A recent Kaiser Family Foundation poll showed that 75 percent of Americans believe it is… Read full this story
- Trump says he will not co-operate with impeachment probe
- Trump says he'll look into case after Fox appearance
- BREAKING NEWS: Donald Trump says the Kurds are Assad's problem now and ANYONE is welcome to help protect them as he invites Russia, China and 'Napoleon Bonaparte' to step up - while revealing sanctions on Turkey
- Donald Trump says he is poised to impose 'powerful sanctions' on Turkey as Erdogan continues military onslaught in Syria - as unrest helps nearly 800 ISIS brides and their children escape from a camp
- Trump says he’s prepared to ‘destroy Turkey’s economy’ with sanctions
- Ted Cruz breaks ranks with Donald Trump saying president's call for China to investigate the Bidens was 'NOT' appropriate and says he'd like Rudy Giuliani to testify
- Threats escalate against Schiff as Trump says ‘treason’ and followers invoke violence
- Trump says 'not siding with anybody' on Syria
- Trump says he doesn’t know if Giuliani is still his lawyer as impeachment proceedings heat up
- Trump Says He Would Have Peace Prize If It Was 'Given Fairly'
Trump says 'all Republicans' back protections for preexisting conditions have 365 words, post on www.sfgate.com at October 18, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.