close Video Key senators to vote ‘yes’ on Brett Kavanaugh Republican Senator Susan Collins of Maine and Democratic Senator Joe Manchin from West Virginia will vote to confirm Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court. **Want FOX News Halftime Report in your inbox every day? Sign up here.**THE BALLAD OF WATERMELON JOE AND OTHER KAVANUGGETS - Well, doesn’t Joe Manchin look slicker than a greased watermelon – and twice as hard to catch? While his fellow red state Senate Democrats have found their re-election hopes badly hampered by the bilious conflict around the Supreme Court fight, Manchin has managed to come out a clear winner. He took a chance in backing a one-week delay in the vote on Judge Brett Kavanaugh. That could have backfired, but the report satisfied Republicans and now allows Manchin to not just support the nomination but to have been part of saving it. As they would say in Farmington, mighty cagey. - Speaking of investigations, has there ever been a purer distillation of Washington hypocrisy than the sudden rediscovery of the great virtue of the FBI in the Trump White House and corresponding lamentations about the agency from Democrats who until a week ago were treating G-Men like the final custodians of our… Read full this story
- Delingpole: Like the California Blackouts? Then You’ll LOVE President Joe Biden’s Green Energy Plans
- Harry Styles steals ex-girlfriend Taylor Swift's top spot on the Billboard Hot 100 as he scores his first number one single with hit Watermelon Sugar
- The 13 Best Things That Happened in Music This Week (August 14)
- With So Many Hot 100 Records Falling, Here Are 14 That Have Continued to Hold Strong
- Biffy Clyro on their new album, coronavirus and thoughts on Boris Johnson
- Mafia 2's Empire Bay is still one of PC gaming's greatest cities
- Late Night Hosts Poke Fun At Virtual Democratic National Convention: “It Just Doesn’t Have The Same Juice”
- Musician Justin Townes Earle dead at age 38
- Dave Holmes Pays Respect to ‘Rappin’ Rodney’ and 99 Other Hits From 1984
- He wears short shorts: why are men showing more leg?
The Ballad of Watermelon Joe and other Kavanuggets have 342 words, post on www.foxnews.com at October 5, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.