Share Tweet Plus One Pin It Email Print By: PTI October 3, 2018 6:41 pm Change Font Size The Supreme Court on Wednesday sought reports within two weeks from state governments and Union Territories on the status of setting up rehabilitation homes for people with mental illness. Ten states and a UT have filed their response on the compliance of the Centre’s guidelines for setting up of rehabilitation homes for persons living with mental illness (who have been cured, or who do not need further hospitalization, or who are homeless or are not accepted by their families). A bench of Justices U U Lalit and D Y Chandrachud which issued fresh notice said that it will go into the merits of the case after all states and UTs have filed their responses in two weeks. Petitioner in-person advocate Gaurav Bansal said that more than 15,000 people are forced to stay with the mentally ill patients. He said that except for few, many states and UTs have not complied with the order of July 10, 2017, in which they were asked to implement the guidelines prepared by Centre within one year period. The bench said it will take up the matter… Read full this story
- 10 years after federal law to protect insurance coverage of mental illness, advocates question if it's working
- The Black Church Cannot ‘Pray Away’ Mental Illness
- Why This Man Crusades For Mental Health After Nearly 30 Years In Prison
- Community voices describe their families' mental health crises
- Mental health issues mount on Colorado Springs-area college campuses
- Jazz advocacy: Guitarist Sam Miltich teaches mental-health tolerance with music
- Many Recommend Teaching Mental Health In Schools. Now Two States Will Require It.
- Insurance Companies Set An Unreasonable Bar For Mental Health Coverage
- Giving Patients a Voice in Their Mental Health Care Before They’re Too Ill to Have a Say
- Celeb Men Are Leading A Male Mental Health Revolution
Rehabilitation Homes For Mentally Ill Persons: SC Seeks Status Report From States And UTs have 304 words, post on www.livelaw.in at October 3, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.