THE Royal British Legion is selling special “gold leaf” poppies to mark the centenary of World War I as their appeal launches today. One in six poppies will have “1918-2018” printed in gold on the green leaf. It is part of the organisation’s campaign to get people to buy and wear a poppy to pay their respects to those who gave their lives during the Great War. The Legion has launched its biggest poppy appeal to date, with just a little more than two weeks before Remembrance Sunday. The special gold leaf poppy isn’t the only addition to this year’s all-important campaign. Another poppy is also being launched today and it is even rarer than the gold leaf poppy. It is called the “khadi” poppy and instead of being made from paper is it made from the same linen that was worn by Mahatma Gandhi. Not many have been produced, about 40,000, and they have been made to honour the 74,000 Indian Army troops who lost their lives fighting for the Crown during World War I. The Legion launches their campaign today by also unveiling 15 installations across the UK to highlight the legacy of the Great War. The installations… Read full this story
- Labour frontbencher admits claiming a £17 Remembrance Day wreath on expenses in yet another election setback for Jeremy Corbyn
- Realme X50 Pro 5G India launch today: Where to watch live-stream, specifications and expected price
- 'Using Remembrance Day to advertise is a little disrespectful!' Stella McCartney removes Instagram post plugging her £1,500 coat that Meghan Markle wore to the Cenotaph amid furious backlash
- Rally to mark the centenary of Indian Red Cross Society
- New Honda City Engine Specs, Variants & Dimension Details Leaked Ahead Of India Launch
- 2020 Honda City details leaked ahead of India launch
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 series to launch today in India
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 9, Redmi Note 9 Pro to launch today: Here’s how to watch the live stream
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day: Survivor Warns Western Leaders Have Adopted 'Hate' As 'Their Slogan'
- How Kaley Cuoco Achieved Her 'Effortless and Natural’ Wedding Day Look — All the Details!
One in six Remembrance Day poppies will have gold leaf details to mark WW1 centenary as appeal launched today have 354 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at October 25, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.