The Washington Post Published 8:09 am PDT, Thursday, October 11, 2018 Q: It was a pleasure to read Joy Manning’s piece on ketchup. Given her Philadelphia roots, though, I was surprised she did not mention the one use I have for ketchup: to slather on thin, crisp, fried scrapple. My mom, a Philadelphia girl, introduced us to this treat, and it’s so good that I’ve shared it with friends over the years. A: It’s true that ketchup and scrapple are very good together 🙂 And though there are almost unlimited uses for ketchup, I hesitate to introduce the topic of scrapple because not everyone even knows what scrapple is – or how to enjoy it. Q: Why do some of my meat loaves turn out crumbly unable to be sliced well, while others slice perfectly, almost like bologna? I realize that my “recipe” varies some each time, but which ingredient determines the outcome? My basic (pedestrian) “recipe” is 1 pound or so of 20-percent-fat ground beef, 1 pound or so of ground pork, 1 envelope of onion-soup mix, 2 or 3 eggs, and 1/2 cup ketchup (plus some bread crumbs so the mix is not visibly “wet”). Then bake the loaf… Read full this story
- 'Proud' Prince Harry praises British public's response to coronavirus pandemic and 'selfless' Captain Tom - as he and wife Meghan Markle are seen on the streets of LA for a second time wearing masks to deliver packages to the needy
- MIT work raises a question: Can robots be teammates with humans rather than slaves?
- One man and his balls pinged Britain’s Got Talent into life BUT show had responsibility to lift nation’s collective mood
- Coronavirus | South Asia needs a humanitarian response to the COVID-19 pandemic: Ranil Wickremesinghe
- 'I'm going to win in a LANDSLIDE!' Donald Trump claims his coronavirus response will win him the election saying 'people love Trump' then attacks 'hostile' media and complains his poll ratings should be higher
- Coronavirus Australia: Western Australia forms COVID-19 response team for critical virus questions
- Could I catch coronavirus from my dog or cat? Your coronavirus questions answered by our leading health experts
- China ‘concealed’ coronavirus from West and MUST take responsibility, says ex-MI6 chief
- NCAA reverses its ban on agents in college basketball in response to the ongoing federal investigation into corrupt recruiting practices
- How did Britain get its response to coronavirus so wrong?
Got a kitchen question? You'll relish these responses have 386 words, post on www.sfgate.com at October 11, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.