Fianna Fail politics don’t appeal to me say SDLP’s Hanna over party merger BelfastTelegraph.co.uk SDLP MLA Claire Hanna has indicated she would not be involved if her party merged with Fianna Fail. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/fianna-fail-politics-dont-appeal-to-me-say-sdlps-hanna-over-party-merger-37461948.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/incoming/article36928403.ece/dd027/AUTOCROP/h342/ndatory_Credit_%204.jpg Email SDLP MLA Claire Hanna has indicated she would not be involved if her party merged with Fianna Fail. The two parties have been locked in talks for months over a possible merger with reports a deal will be announced within months. Claire Hanna described it as a “rogue move” saying Fianna Fail politics would not solve the many problems in Northern Ireland, or within her own party. “It would be remiss of me not to say it is not a politics that appeals to me and it is not a party that personally I would join,” she told the BBC’s The View. “John Hume located the SDLP very firmly in the social democratic tradition and in a global tradition and that is good enough for me. “If you look at all the problems facing Northern Ireland, Ireland and the SDLP- bad governance, division and Irish unity- I don’t believe that Fianna Fail solves any of those problems. “I think it is a rogue move and… Read full this story
- WEEKLY RECAP Verizon and Google Enter Holiday Party Late and Sulky
- Black Britain's darkest hour
- Don’t put down that buffet plate! Why a la carte TV isn’t here yet
- Don’t forget about the little guys! Our favorite smartphone underdogs of early 2013
- Raising Capital: Dos and Don'ts for Small E-Businesses
- OPINION Hillary Clinton's Possibly Fatal Email Mistake
- OPINION Open Source and the Legend of Linksys
- DualShockers PlayStation 4 & Xbox One Holiday Buyer’s Guide – What Are We Getting?
- Saints & Sinners: Last Call (June 22)
- Great Loves
Fianna Fail politics don't appeal to me say SDLP's Hanna over party merger have 313 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at October 26, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.