Tesla CEO Elon Musk recently said the tweet that cost him and TSLA $40 million (combined) in SEC fines was, “worth it”. Worth it, apparently, because of the likes. And the source of that somewhat stunning revelation seems pretty solid, because that source is Elon Musk, himself, via Twitter.
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) October 27, 2018
For those of you who have forgotten or willfully ignored the cause of the SEC fines, the SEC charged Musk, 47, with intentionally misleading investors with intent to fraudulently manipulate stock prices after a series of tweets on Aug. 7. In those tweets, Musk that said he would be taking Tesla private at $420 a share, and that he had already secured funding from an unnamed source.
Those tweets were, of course, total bulls***, and the ensuing market chaos cost Tesla investors (bears and bulls, alike) millions of dollars. Despite the blatant stock manipulation and shady business practices, however, a whole hot mess of conned people remain committed to championing Musk, and seem to be applauding the fact that yet another rich white guy remains on the streets after committing financial crimes that would have put most of us behind bars.
That’s probably enough
Elon Musk bashing reporting on Musk’s continued crappy behavior for a Sunday morning. Still, I invite you all to put on your flame suits and say what you will about Tesla’s totally reasonable CEO in the comments section at the bottom of the page. Enjoy!
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- 'Serious First Amendment issues': Tesla CEO Elon Musk's lawyers slam SEC's latest attack on tweets
- US financial regulator wants Tesla boss Elon Musk held in contempt over tweet
- Telsa shares plunge as judge told to hold Elon Musk in contempt
- Elon Musk WILL face defamation lawsuit from Brit hero diver he branded ‘pedo guy’ in row over Thai cave rescue
- New Limits Imposed on Elon Musk's Social Media Amid Series of 'Nonsense' Tweets
- Elon Musk may be held in contempt of court over fresh tweet row
- Elon Musk Takes Five Enormous Mortgages From Morgan Stanley
- Elon Musk shoots back at US regulators, accusing them of 'retaliation and censorship'
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX could cut London to New York flight to just 29 minutes with ‘high-speed spacecraft’
- Drivers will be able to safely ‘fall asleep’ behind the wheel within two years, Elon Musk claims
- Elon Musk is a volatile visionary that breaks the rules
- Elon Musk is a volatile visionary who breaks the rules
- Will Elon Musk ever learn? Tesla CEO could be held in contempt of court over fresh tweet row
- Elon Musk's lawyers call tweet in US SEC's contempt bid 'not material'
- Elon Musk uses Twitter wisely, new Tesla chair says
- ‘Repeat offender’ Elon Musk in hot water again over Tesla tweet
- Lawyers for Elon Musk, SEC set for legal showdown over contempt claim
- Elon Musk reaches deal over tweets
- Elon Musk accused of contempt as another Tesla tweet lands him in hot water with regulator
- Elon Musk must have tweets approved by lawyer as part of SEC settlement
Elon Musk Says $40 Million SEC Fine “Worth It” have 565 words, post on gas2.org at October 28, 2018. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.